Friday 19 April 2013

Foundations that I can't live without

Hello there!

Thanks for visiting my little blog, today I am going to have a little chit chat about my favourite foundations, I had the images ready for these yesterday but made the ultimate boo-boo and forgot about the most important one - what a doughnut, so I am waiting for the sun to smile so I can retake the pictures!

As I have dry skin with a averagely oily nose and it is a nightmare hunting down the perfect product that will answer all my skins prayers. When I do find one that my skin and I love I squeal with joy and never want to live without it, ever! That said it doesn't stop me wanting to find other options as variety is the spice of life right..or so I have been led to believe.

Here are my ultimate favourites



MAC Studio Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (NW20) - My holy grail foundation for my oily nose. Yes a holy grail product for one area of my face may sound excessive but not when it was ruining my confidence! I set all my foundations with this bad boy (nose only) and it doesn't budge for hours, it zoops up all the oil and looks matte and fabulous! Because it's in a compact, it means I can take it with me wherever I go. If you have not tried it my oily friends, I recommend you do so. ASAP

Bourjois Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation (52) - Not to be confused with Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum which I shall talk about in another post. (hint hint) This foundation is light but buildable, leaves me with a dewy finish and it has a really smooth application. It doesn't tug around try bits and looks very natural, I like to use this 'normal days' when running errands, but when I still want to look healthy and glowy. If you have dry skin like me this is a beautiful formula and I really do recommend it, and if you have a oily nose all you need is some powder. It lasts for a good 6-8 hours on my face.

Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation (20) - I love this foundation, OK I love them all, but the reason I love this one is a little different, Vitalumiere is the foundation I use for bad skin days due to it's buildable nature and that I find it ever so moisturising and gentle on my skin on days I need it. It is very dewy (in my opinion, in a natural way) however it doesn't get more dewy the more I apply, and does not look cakey either, it just provides more coverage. I do set the nose area with powder and I am ready to go. For this fact I really believe it's worth it's weight in gold, anyone with a dry skin run to your local counter, get colour matched and grab a sample, you will not regret it. It lasts for a good 6-8 hours on my face.

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint (Pearl) - I reviewed this yesterday, and although it isn't a foundation, I truly believe you can use it as one. I really believe Jouer are under selling themselves by claiming it's a tinted 'Moisture Tint', but I would imagine it's because of it's uber sheer nature, which in my opinion makes it that much more appealing. It's dewy, almost to perfection, provides you with the most natural glow, and just makes you look so healthy while it evens out your skin tone. The glow is so perfect that you don't even want to add anything on top, and from a self confessed cream highlight addict like myself, is a triumph. It's smooth so if you use a concealer on top it will blend like a dream. Very moisturising, and although it is buildable coverage I prefer one application. HG product! It lasts for a good 6 hours on my face.

YSL Touche Le Teint Eclat Foundation (B40) - This is a fantastic foundation, the dewy finish isn't as good as the above foundations but it's still very very good. It almost brightens and illuminates the face, so the intense dewy finish isn't required. I love how it goes on and how it makes my face look, I just can't stop staring at my face (something that doesn't happen often believe me!) however I just don't find it as moisturising as the other ones I use, I still adore this and also like the fact it's so buildable, and how nicely is blends out. I use this on 'good skin days' and although I don't use it as much as I would like to (naughty skin) I will purchase this forever more (big statement hey!) ahhhh dreamy. It lasts for a good 6-8 hours on my face.

So there we are, a rather long winded post about the foundations I can't live without!

What are yours? If by the sounds of things we have a similar skin type, please let me know what you use/recommend!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment